Sunday 22 June 2014

New directions.

So, I'm three weeks into #blogjune, and I'm starting to feel the pressure. The problem with exploring the "issues" in the industry, is it often comes down to looking at the challenges that we face. And I've definitely felt that my writing has lately been fuelled by negativity and frustration, rather than positivity and inspiration.

Looking back at my initial post, I can see that this is something that I had hoped wouldn't happen. It's one of the reasons I stopped blogging about the industry. Using such an outlet for these frustrations, they can ended up dwelling in one's mind, and slowly consume all of one's positive energy and inspired enthusiasm.

So, it's time for a change of pace. I'm staging a blog intervention, and setting a few new rules for myself for my final week.

1. No complaining without suggesting a workable solution.

2. Approach the issues from an optimistic viewpoint.

3. Don't bemoan pitfalls without also acknowledging wins.

4. Don't blog about what librarians and libraries are; blog about what they do.

5. Don't blog about the profession; blog about the communities they serve.

Feel free to suggest any others!

No comments:

Post a Comment