Thursday 2 June 2016

Cardiff - the home of Torchwood 3

So, since I was travelling to Wales anyway, I decided to spend the intervening evening in Cardiff. To be honest, I knew very little about the Welsh capital - I certainly wasn't aware that it was the birthplace of Roald Dahl - the centenary of which they will be celebrating later this year!

However, there was one reason I wanted to make the special trip...

Looking for the secret entrance
It was, of course, the location for that ill-fated Doctor Who spin-off series, Torchwood. You can actually visit the site of the main entrance to the Torchwood 3 Facility, where there is now a shrine devoted to the memory of Ianto Jones, a favourite character who was unfortunately killed off quite unceremoniously... May he rest in peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment